Looking for Additional Writers
Whether you realize it or not, Cache Up NB tries it’s very hardest to bring you at least one new article a week. Sometimes we go over that, but it’s extremely rare we miss our once week deadline. However, with only a few folks around here contributing on a regular basis, sometimes it gets a little thin here for material. I’ll be the first one to admit that not every article I write is the cream of the crop. I’ve had the occasional stinker here and there but no one writes good stuff all the time.
So with that said, I’m putting it back to our readers to see if any of you are interested in writing for us on a semi-regular basis. You may not even realize that along that top menu we have here is a “Submit News” where you can in fact write your own article and have it approved by us and it shows up in our main news feed. We’re always looking for new and interesting material.
Here’s what we go by for general guidelines of posting to our news reel:
- Your story must be related to geocaching in some way
- It cannot be simply a copy and paste of something else you read online. Quoting other articles is fine but submitting someone else’s material as your own is not permitted.
- Anything under 100 words must be submitted as a “Quickie” and will not be published in the main feed
- Articles that are an attack on fellow cachers will not be permitted. Our rule tends to be that if an article is criticizing someone, we will tend to leave specific names out. However, if it is praise of another cacher, we have no issues using their name.
- This does not mean you cannot write about a controversial subject. We welcome topics that spur healthy debate and discussion without attacking other users.
- Is something of interest to geocachers in New Brunswick. If you think the locals would be interested, write about it.
For anyone who wants to submit their own stories, please use the submit link and write your articles. If you choose to submit on a regular basis, and your material is decent enough, you can become a regular writer. So come on, tell us your stories and send them along to be published.